Stuck in a fiber funk?
Join one of our weekly classes to revitalize your knitting & crocheting, practice the tough stuff or learn a brand new craft! All classes are held at our storefront in Hayden, Idaho.
Patisserie Hat series – September 6 & 13 – 6 pm - 9 pm – $18
Nibble a madeleine & sip a latte in style with this slouchy hat.
Skills required: knit & purl in the round
Skills you'll learn: k2tog decrease, yarn overs
The Rena Cowl – September 20 – 6 pm - 9 pm – $10
A customer recommended this lovely cowl & we can't stop making them! Stay warm this fall & stock up for the holidays.
Skills required: knitting, k2tog, yarn overs
Skills you'll learn: knitting in the round on circulars
Learn to Knit – September 27 or November 29 – 6 pm - 9 pm – $10
Ready to take up the needles? Let us be your guides! You'll learn the building blocks of knitting & make a small coin purse.
Skills you'll learn: casting on, knitting, purling, binding off
Leafy Dream clutch series – October 4, 11 & 18 – 6 pm - 9 pm – $18
Combine 3 fibercraft techniques– knitting, felting, & embroidery– to produce a beautiful autumn clutch that's all your own.
Skills required: knit & purl, working in the round
Skills you'll learn: cable cast-on, felting, simple embroidery
Learn to Crochet – October 25 – 6 pm - 9 pm – $10
Learn the basics of crochet & bring home a cute stuffed star!
Skills you'll learn: chains, single crochet, working in a ring, increases & decreases
Magic Loop Workshop – November 1 – 6 pm - 9 pm – $10
Double-pointed needles driving you batty? Don't give up on sock knitting until you've tried the magic loop!
Skills required: knit & purl, basic sock shaping
Skills you'll learn: magic loop method
Beginning Entrelac class – November 8 – 6 pm - 9 pm – $10
Let us guide you through the building blocks of entrelac– the fabulous art of knitting to create a breathtaking woven effect.
Skills required: knit & purl, k2tog & p2tog, ssk, kfb
Skills you'll learn: building entrelac triangles & diamonds
Skating Rink Mitten series – November 15 & 22 – 6 pm - 9 pm – $18
These simple, cute mittens will take you from snowball fights to romantic winter nights!
Skills required: knit & purl, k2tog, kfb
Skills you'll learn: working in the round on double-points
For all classes:
- To ensure your spot, please register for classes at least 5 days in advance by calling or visiting Alpaca Direct at 208-209-7079. However, drop-ins are welcome if the class is not already full!
- Classes may be cancelled if too few students register. Those who have already registered will be notified of cancellation at least 3 days before the first class session
- Upon registration, you'll receive a list of the materials you'll need to complete the class, including yarn, needles and/or hooks, sewing notions, etc.
- Registered students receive a 10% discount on recommended class materials purchased at Alpaca Direct
- Tuition is refundable up to 5 days before the first class session, but you may only receive a partial refund if you have already used your class materials discount
Visit us at 1016 W Hayden Avenue or call (208) 209-7079 to learn more!