There are several reasons I love this pattern:
- Andrea used three colors in this design to make a fun and relatively easy pattern.
- This type of mosaic knitting, which is done by knitting with one color at a time and using slipped stitches, makes a beautiful fabric.
- Andrea Mowry creates lovely patterns, and who doesn’t love a nice cozy shawl?
On my Technique Tuesday live video, I discussed the following topics as they applied to the Golden Hour Shawl:
- How to make a better garter tab.
- An easy way to choose colors: Use the same color in different tints. A tint is when white is added to the color.
- Slip-stitch mosaic knitting is fun.
- How to make a better bobble: the reverse stockinette stitch bobble with a centered decrease using the bind off method.