It’s tough to get knitters, spinners & crocheters to agree on anything-- let’s face it, we’re an opinionated bunch of people! Fiber lovers of all stripes get into heated arguments at our Idaho storefront: whose craft is easiest for beginners, which stitch is best for a breathtaking scarf, whether metal or wooden tools are better & under what conditions... But underneath all the lighthearted (or occasionally not-so-lighthearted!) squabbling, there’s one thing that draws us all together once more: an appreciation for fiber of true quality & value. That’s why we at Alpaca Direct are so passionate about crafting with alpaca yarn & rovings!
It’s nearly impossible to convince someone how soft & elegant alpaca is until they feel it for themselves. We make a point of displaying an inviting, loosely-plied alpaca yarn right at the entrance to our booth whenever we attend expos & trade shows. Without fail, passers-by will casually brush against it, stop dead in their tracks, and hurry in to find more! It’s a fiber with an unbelievably soft hand, unparalleled insulation & a luxurious natural drape-- and, best yet, it’s affordable when you buy direct!
Alpaca can be spun to almost any yarn weight, from drool-inducing chunkies down to lace yarns so fine that they double as embroidery wool!
- Fresh off the freight truck: Cascade Alpaca Lace in 21 solid colors & 11 handpaint colorways
- High alpaca content with a hint of merino & nylon for durability-- love your feet with Classic Elite’s Alpaca Sox
- For a dreamy, drapy fingering-weight alpaca yarn, look no further than Plymouth's Alpaca Prima. This understated yarn will ensure that your lace masterpiece feels as great as it looks!
- Handy 50-gram skeins of Misti Alpaca Worsted yarn keep your colorwork affordable & soft
- Deep & dramatic Baby Alpaca Grande for all occasions: 42 solid colors, 15 tweeds & 16 unusual handpaints
And any color...
Incredibly rich jewel tones & heathers in Cascade’s Pure Alpaca, or
enjoy an incredible range of natural colorways in Eco Alpaca
- Buttery soft with memorable handpainted & tonal colorways to choose from-- Misti Alpaca’s noteworthy Hand Paint Lace line is just the thing for a lighter-than-air lace shawl
- A whomping 61 solid or twisted colors to choose from, on top of 13 handpainted colorways, in our Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky
On any budget...
- Fantastic new Camino Alpaca from Plymouth is especially great for men’s projects, and won’t break the bank at just $6.95 per ball!
- Get a true steal on the last two colors of Misti’s dreamy Alpaca Sport yarn, on clearance for $5.99 a skein
- Back by popular demand, Plymouth’s Baby Alpaca Brush is a truly unique option with an unassuming halo & a plushy softness reminiscent of angora. Select colors start at only $5.52 per ball
- Or, treat yourself to the ultimate in hand-dyed luxury-- snatch up one of our last hanks of Saratoga, a fabulous alpaca & cotton worsted yarn from Great Adirondack
- Layer on the luxe with new Debbie Bliss Andes, a stunning blend of alpaca & mulberry silk
For every crafter!
- Spin up something dreamy with our finest pure alpaca rovings, or add sheen & beauty with one of our alpaca & silk blends
- Make a truly authentic Felted Alpaca from this charming Fiber Trends pattern & a hank of ranch yarn-- spun from our own alpaca, right here in the USA
- Machine knitters & weavers rejoice: we import top-notch Peruvian alpaca yarn right on the cone!